Phil Leigh;692078 Wrote:
> This whole thread is somewhat crazy.
I might agree :-)
Phil Leigh;692078 Wrote:

> 1 - no one can hear the difference between a 24/96 or 24/192 or 32/768
> and the same music downsampled to 24/44.1 so why are we even discussing
> this :-)

So why put a 24/192 DAC in the Transporter. A clear waste on the ears,
eh?

No I DO believe that in the impulse/time domain the ear is much more
sensitive than Sony/Philips let us believe 35 or so years ago. The
16/44.1 decision was inspired by technological/economical feasibility
at the time.  Not with what is audiophile or even HiFi.

Phil Leigh;692078 Wrote:

> 2 - nobody in their right minds should be buying and playing music with
> any significant content over  20khz because not only is there no music
> up there, but all the noise and crap that is up there can destroy badly
> designed amps and take speakers with them!

I've decided to not take that as an insult :-) But indeed the surplus
Linn Records is asking for the 192KHz version over a 96 one do seem out
of wack.

Phil Leigh;692078 Wrote:

> Having a frequency response from DC to daylight is a really really bad
> idea...
That remark did spark some metaphysical visions with me. :-D

--
th00ht

Ripping: 'EAC (free and great)' (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/)
Squeezebox Server 7.7.1 - r33735 / Arch64
Squeezebox Classic, Quad 303 (where can I get new caps?) + two Quad ESL
63
Squeezebox Touch, Denon AVR 1912 (Pure Direct) + two CM8 + two CM1 +
CMC
Squeezebox Radio White
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/th00ht), 'SoS'
(http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/download-manager.html),