th00ht;692085 Wrote:

> So why put a 24/192 DAC in the Transporter. A clear waste on the ears,
> eh?
>
> No I DO believe that in the impulse/time domain the ear is much more
> sensitive than Sony/Philips let us believe 35 or so years ago. The
> 16/44.1 decision was inspired by technological/economical feasibility
> at the time.  Not with what is audiophile or even HiFi.
I believe in many things but the impulse/time domain or whatever you
mean with that is more as enough with 16/44.1.
Todays hardware can do 24/192 and higher. You canĀ“t sell a device today
that only plays 16/48. The Transporter maxes out at 24/96 btw.
Since business has to go on they sell it, people already buy it so the
market is there.

Well here we have a thread with numbers:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=91126&hl=

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers