So John, are you saying that on 44.1 material you prefer a NOS with a
good analogue filter set for 22Khz vs an ASRC DAC running internally at
384 or 768 with an appropriate digital filter?

Just curious.

That "dirt" you refer to is exactly what I don't like about all of the
NOS DAC's I've heard. Of course this doesn't mean ALL NOS DAC's are
empirically bad... simply that I personally haven't heard what I
consider to be a good one.

Interesting about the heat phenomena. The heat must be causing the
Johnson noise to rise inside the DAC, no:? - maybe the noise is having
a "dithering" effect?
regards
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.