mlsstl;693759 Wrote:
> No, it means you're human. Surprise!
>
> However, a husband and wife working together to confirm what the
> husband believes he already hears hardly qualifies as a "blind" test.
> Just another variant of the old "even my wife could hear it!" proof.

You sir, do not know my wife. (grin) She could quite easily make the
buffalo on a nickel squeal for mercy...

Actually, we set up the tests so that they were blind, in fact as well
as in principal, and I have high confidence in them.

Moreover, this is the crux of the matter - it honestly doesn't matter
what I think about your system or beliefs, or what you think about
mine. I am -not- out to convince you of anything at all.

I am quite happy to spend $50 on a USB cable I believe to the best of
my admittedly small ability, makes my system sound better and increases
my enjoyment.

> As noted, Cordelia Fine's book is a great read and very enlightening.
> And it doesn't contain a single example based on audio. However, we
> don't cease being subject to our human frailties just because the
> subject turns to audio.

It isn't bad. On the other hand, it is a bit sensationalized I think.
Just my opinion though, YMMV.

--
paul.raulerson