cfraser;694561 Wrote:
> I don't think we want to go down that dung-strewn path again, so by all
> means read it all and try what you want and form your own opinion.
>
> My favorite and most-used setup is all the TT3.0 defaults EXCEPT with a
> 5k buffer and Logitech priorities. My second favorite, and what I
> believe to be the most accurate setup of those presented here (as best
> as I can test), is the TT3.0 default and "everything Klaus", except
> with a 4k buffer for here. [There has never been a decent explanation
> here as to why the ALSA buffer size can make such a diff.]
>
> I listen to internet radio quite a lot, and so far I have *never* heard
> the Logitech priorities screw up the audio, whereas I have a few times
> with "stock" TT3.0 priorities...so that's another advantage of them for
> me, besides that I like the sound better (less thin). I am always using
> an external DAC, and I am astonished what it does to IR via the SBT
> compared to the IR I get directly via my Denon AVR (this sounds truly
> dreadful, all other "radio" from it incl. AM/FM/Sirius does too).

Thanks, guys... and please allow me a very dumb question.

Can you give me some brief instructions or point me to the right thread
as to how this priority tweak is done?  I was lost amidst the hundreds
of threads about it (mostly about tweaks of the values) and can't
locate where the "instructions" began (i.e. commands or modifying the
files)

Thanks.

--
eduardoo