Hi there everybody!

I currently use a Touch connected via coaxial S/PDIF to a Reference 9
DAC from audio-gd, that features 4 nicely implemented PCM1704 U-K DAC
chips and sounds just awesome.

I have played a lot with mods: Linear power supply, soundchecks mods are
installed. The signal goes from a powerful windows 7 PC by gb-lan to a
new router and by N-type-Wifi to a Wifi-to-LAN-Bridge and from there by
wired lan to the touch. I have not actually done any serious blind
testing (for the sheer lack of time) with or without software mods etc.

However, it sounds just fine. But if I use my Creek CD 43 MK II via
S/PDIF to the DAC, I just can't hear any difference, when playing the
same file. Maybe both are just as good as it gets. But I am still keen
to find improvement.

So here goes my question:

What is the best solution that one can get, for the best sounding (I
guess that's the most accurate) digital output from a squeezebox
streaming system, to feed a good DAC?

Some solutions may include:
- Touch over s/pdif (eventually modified such as
http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/boldercablescom/-strse-413/Logitech%2C-Touch%2C-mod%2C-24-dsh-96%2C/Detail
)
- Touch over USB (async. of course)
- Transport (ev. modified?)
- receiver/duet (ev. modified? can it support 96 khz over s/pdif?)

Is there a way to stream 192khz over the s/pdif output?

Please do only answer if you have acutally made a helpful experience
including listening! Please: NO just theoretical considerations (like
those posts that are based on specs and repeating, what others have
written and conclude nice sounding words like "bit accurate" without
ever having tried to listen to the gear they talk about... ;-) There are
enough threads full of this stuff already around here. THANKS!!!)

Cheers!