diego wrote:
> I currently use a Touch connected via coaxial S/PDIF to a Reference 9
> DAC from audio-gd....
> But if I use my Creek CD 43 MK II via S/PDIF to the DAC, I just can't
> hear any difference, when playing the same file. Maybe both are just as
> good as it gets. However, file streaming should bring advantages over
> "on the fly"-reading of a CD.
Yes, there are some theoretical advantages to streaming instead of
reading physical CDs in the area of error recovery, but the simple fact
of the matter is that the vast majority of CDs are read with zero
errors. And there's no reason why the SPDIF output of a streamer should
be any better than that of a CD player. So the theoretical advantages of
streaming don't really materialise in practice, and the fact you hear no
difference should come as no surprise.

diego wrote:
> So, I am still keen to find improvement.
I personally think you are chasing rainbows, but if you are determined
to pursue this, and if your DAC has a word clock output, then the
Transporter is the obvious choice as it can support a word clock input
(ie. your DAC becomes the master clock and any timing issues on the
SPDIF connection are irrelevant).