Willakan wrote:
> Make no mistake: I'm not singling it out as flawed, just saying that it
> was probably also flawed. I'm very much on the "worthless claims are
> worthless" bandwagon.
>
> I can't seem to work out whether the test was between the digital or
> analog outputs though...

A lot of people find it tempting to denote things only as black or
white, with no possible territory in the middle.

The "perfect" blind test will never exist, but that shouldn't keep us
from drawing conclusions regarding the cumulative weight of the somewhat
less-that-perfect tests that have been performed over the years.

The conclusion I've drawn from everything I've seen over the years is
solid proof that we are human. Under sighted conditions (i.e., with
knowledge of the make/model we're listening to at the moment), our
comments are dramatic and full of hyperbole.

As the knowledge-of-conditions slider moves slowly toward blindness, the
differences reported get smaller, less certain and sometimes even
disappear.

Anyone who doesn't admit the obvious - that we are easily susceptible to
subjective factors - is whistling past the graveyard.