NoRoDa wrote:
> Thanks aubuti.
>
> The primary goal of the blind listening was to check the differences
> between a factory/vanilla SBT and one with TT3.0 installed.
> There was just me and baardbaard present at the time of the listening.
> Two guys that finally had the chance to listen to two SBTs at once.
>
> Please do not read this thread as if it was a thread about how to
> perform a repeatable double blind test. This is just my (and
> baardbaard's) experience and surprise when listening without expectation
> bias.
>
> Remember that I reported much better sound when installing TT3.0 in my
> system, and I also heard differences when changeing priority settings in
> TT3.0.
> I even heard a difference when the PRIOIRQ47 went from 40 to 41.
> But the time from the changes were made until the restarts were
> completed and the music started again, probably was too long and made my
> head fill up with expectation bias...?
>
> There is no proof in our blind listening
> - We haven't proved that it's possible to hear a difference between a
> vanilla SBT and a TT3.0 mod
> - We haven't proved that it isn't possible to hear a difference between
> wired LAN and wireless.
> etc...
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Rolf,
sounds interesting.
Could you tell us a bit on the whole system you used?
This week I'm going with the similar exercise, perhaps more "advanced" -
two SBTs, first one vanilla with std PSU and EDO, second also with EDO
and with advanced PSU together with some HW mods including separate
powered high end oscillatrors. My chain: SBT->coax->Sabre->passive->AN
conquest->BLH on Sonido SFR175.
regards,
Andy