Triode wrote:
> Yes, and probably set the timeout to 10 seconds.  After the 10 seconds
> timeout, this will cause the screen to blank by turning off the
> backlight and disabling the display in the same was as TT3 and also
> stopping the render of the screen which happens within the squeezeplay
> application.  The later means than if the display would have shown
> scrolling text then it will not be updated taking cpu time even though
> you can't see it.

Got it...thanks.  It seems to work just fine.  I do prefer the
flexibility of being able to access the Touch's screen (though I mainly
use iPeng) without needing to give up the potential noise benefit of
having the screen off.  This app does away with the slight inconvenience
of having to ssh into tt 3.0 in order to turn the screen back on/off
when I need to get at the Touch's menus.