LarsHP wrote:
> As I said - I am no computer engineer, but my statement was regarding
> timing in the digital domain in general, not certain parts of the
> digital domain.
Then I really don't understand why you specified a certain part of the
digital domain, i.e., -"From my point of view a difference (if any)
regarding jitter using a NAS vs. a PC would be that the CPU speed and
perhaps RAM speed of the PC is higher and thus timing of the data stream
could be more precise."-

Jitter downstream exists, though whether it is audible to humans (using
modern equipment) is a matter of debate.