LarsHP wrote:
> Thanks for sharing all of you!
>
> I have seen the QNAP TS-259 Pro+ (NAS) used at about half price. Here's
> spec's:
> http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=822&c=351&sc=513&t=521&n=3299&g=2
>
> Would this be a good choice?
> I don't see any indication of Squeezebox / LMS compability, but it has
> Linux OS as default, which means I should be able to run LMS on it -
> right?
> Any considerations or drawbacks?

The Linux os on NAS boxes are often a bit special, with a lot of custom
stuff .

Install could be a breeze if the NAS vendor provides a logitechmedia
server package which some do , this is nice .
For some NAS boxes there are community driven options and install
packages .

And then some have neither and these could be a challenge .

But QNAP is used by many so some sort of easy install is there ?

we have a third party hardware forum where many such issues are
discussed, I'm convinced you find something on that particular NAS if
you use the forums search function .

On many normal Linux os install is easier than on modern windows ,
firewall behaves in a predicted way no antivirus or anti phising app is
disturbing no weird UAC issues :)

You may stumble on some permissions issues for the file storage with
Linux or NAS but that is easily resolved.