Like already mentioned, I'd start stocking up on used SB3 if you can
find them at a decent price. I figure 2-3 would last you a lifetime. I
owned a Transporter and when Logitech dropped the axe on the line, I
unloaded my Transporter because I didn't wanna be stuck with a $1400
paperweight. I ended up selling it for slightly more than I paid for it,
took the money, and built my own music server running J River Media
Center. I have the server hooked up to my HDTV, but often run it
headless with the use of an iOS app called J Remote. I'll probably pick
up an Oppo Digital BDP-105 to use as my primary Blu-Ray for Home Theater
and SACD/DVD-A for my 2 channel system. The BDP-105 also has an asynch
USB input for use as a DAC which I'll use to connect to the music
server. Of course, all that depends on the reviews of the BDP-105, but
it's a plan for now. ;)

Kevin t