The subject was partly about digital transports not only the analog side
.

If digital transports differ into a decent DAC one of them is broken or
you be hearing things .
or the DAC is very weird ( it could be in this case )
If Carys SACD thing is also a tube thing it may explain stuff ,not the
same design goal proper rendering of the signal vs a sound effect .

No I don't "believe" in the tube "magic" there is only thd and weird
impedance . I have heard set triode stuff and other tubed amps nice but
in treality they are all bettered by ht recievers found in the
supermarket sorry .

So if you know how to design electronics you don't use vacuum tubes in
audio applications , unless you are confused yourself ( lost in the mire
of subjectiveness ) or a cynic that rips of audiophiles .

My pet hate is audio note thier equipment is extremely expensive junk
they represent all that is wrong with high end in one company :)