Julf wrote:
> Well, funny enough, I downloaded a bunch of 24-bit "hi-res" downloads
> Bowers & Wilkins Society of Sound site after a bunch of audiophiles
> described them in superlative terms and wrote about how much better they
> were than the "normal" 16-bit material. I guess you are not surprised to
> hear that I discovered that several of them were actually 16 bit
> material that happened to be delivered as 24-bit FLAC files...

I think I have one that is upsampled from 44.1 to 48 " for better
compatibility with computers " or some such nonsense I emailed them
about it , but they may have a piont suppose an old win XP system and a
punter not using asio or kernel streaming etc and other workarounds to
avoid the kmixer , the algorithms used by the OS to do this may be tuned
more to use less resources than perfect audio quality .

Not to mention some soundboards my old sound blaster from my old pc has
clear aliasing artefacts :P feed it signals close to 20k and cheerful
noises will be heard .

And then we have a squeezebox that bypasses all that :) sad that the
Beaty and simplicity of this is not apriciated by more audiophiles .

Get squeezebox unpack conect install LMS scan enjoy