On the subject of 5 year old tech ,IMHO in digital audio it may *seem*
that a lot is happening with new chips and all .
But the main rush of development was in the late 80's trough the 90's .

The TP has awesome specs very low thd and noise , as of course do many
other quality DAC's from dcs Weiss benchmark and many more you actually
can't perfect perfection , most decent DAC's are beyond human hearing .
However the quality aspect the brand is dead and electronics is not like
wine is does not get better with age .

But for that price I'll go for it just as a DAC as it has atenuators at
the analog output a hallmark of quality design, system gain scaling is
important high end must take this into account , and it is a classic :)
I do want one , even as a collectible .
It has one other "feature" it is an audiophile product with none of the
voodoo and pseudo science just performance, this would normally make it
unsellable ( no brand name components and aircaraft aluminium or tubes )
a very bold and brave product visionary even . Drat I'm fanboy without
even having one ;)