jh901 wrote:
> Appreciate your post, Ralph.  Thanks, as always.
>
> Some of us recognize that SACD is on fire right now.  Kevin Gray has
> mastered 50 Prestige label jazz titles for Analogue Productions, which
> will be coming out over the next few months (see Elusive Disc).
> Additionally, there at least 100 "must have" Analogue Productions titles
> (Blue Note, etc) mastered by Gray or Steve Hoffman.  You can always rip
> the redbook though, but is it THAT hard to put in a disc?  The latest in
> GREAT mastering work on SACD comes from Audio Fidility.  They are back
> to SACD, thanfully!  I have just received Yes Close to the Edge, which
> beats Diaments redbook from the 80s.  And Steve has finished Dylan's
> Greatest Hits 2 for SACD and it should be out in the next few weeks.
> Happy times!  Again, there are all Hybrid, so you can enjoy the redbook.

Thank you and you're welcome.

There are also ways to rip the SACD layer (google "how to rip a SACD")
and convert the stereo DSD to 24bit/88.2kHz flac files which can then be
played using a Transporter or Touch. Again no need for a silver disc
player. In addition, many of these new SACD releases and older SACD
releases as well are slowly finding their to HDTracks and other download
sites as either 24bit/88.2kHz and/or 24bit/176.4kHz flac files for
purchase (at greatly inflated prices, I might add).