ralphpnj wrote:
> Again what's the point of even discussing CD players? CDs are a dying
> medium and everyone on this forum know that which is why we are using
> computer based digital audio to listen to music.
The problem is that 99% of digital audio available to buy is still
compressed MP3, usually somewhere between 128 and 240 kilobits per
second.  When I can buy / download FLAC at 16/44.1 then I will stop
buying CDs, but until then I will continue to buy CDs, rip them and then
store them in a box in the loft.

There are a few classical labels that do FLAC downloads, and I know that
a lot of pop and rock is available in the US in that format, but over
here in the UK those sites block downloads to UK ip addresses so we have
to make do with MP3 from Amazon.  Ho hum.