TheOctavist wrote:
> there are pro active speakers that outperform all these "audiophile"
> products .    Audiophile products are all rip offs.  all of them.
>
> they offer no benefits in performance.  all they do is massage the egos
> of those who like to flaunt money.
>
> anyobody that buys "hifi" brands is getting fleeced. they absolutely
> offer no benefit.

Although you aren't aware of this and likely never will be, but you have
no idea what you are talking about.  None.  Focal, for example, designs
and manufactures PRO AUDIO speakers and I actually own a pair of the
CMS 50 and the CMS sub.  You can google the CMS 50 to see for yourself,
but the reputation is exceedingly high.  Now then, the speakers in my
hi-end system are Focal's Diablo Utopias.  They designed and
manufactured those also.  There is NO COMPARISON between them.  I
wouldn't even think to put them in the same book, much less the same
chapter or paragraph.  If you haven't heard REAL hi-end speakers,
properly staged and driven by legit electronics all throughout the
chain, then you seriously have no clue about what you are missing.
None.  You couldn't even dream it.