darrenyeats wrote:
> I would love to see many more high end audiophile manufacturers try
> FLAGSHIP active speakers. I am sure they would be spectacular.
> Darren

Doesn't have to be a single manufacturer, it could just as well be a
partnership between a speaker manufacturer and a power amp manufacturer.
Of course Pioneer and Sony could do it in house with their high end
lines of speakers and electronics.  One could even make the speakers
digital and have a DAC and amp custom made for each speaker driver.
Here's a question: aren't electrostatic and planar speakers with a
powered sub woofer similar to active speakers with separate amps and no
crossovers?