jh901 wrote:
> While there may be no "perfect" system and while a hobbyist may choose
> to continuously tinker and swap, etc (I do not), there is a point where
> one should expect full range at an extremely high level top to bottom.
> There are also likely very, very expensive ways to get there and perhaps
> there are more value oriented ways.  The Wilson Sasha has quite a
> reputation, for example.  I could see (or rather dream!) putting those
> at the end of $50+ grand chain in a dedicated, treated room.  Assuming
> the right components were selected, then it would cost quite a bit more
> to reach another level of fidelity.  Are there other full range speakers
> at Sasha pricing or less which are at least as good in every respect?
> Perhaps.  But again, not at or around the $10 grand price point.
>
> Note that there are much smaller speakers which are not as full range
> which list for more than the $27 grand of the Sashas.  At that price
> point, I'd expect full range, but at the same time I wouldn't write off
> TAD CR1s without hearing them in my imaginary "perfect" room.  Ah, sweet
> dreams....

there are pro active speakers that outperform all these "audiophile"
products .    Audiophile products are all rip offs.  all of them.

they offer no benefits in performance.  all they do is massage the egos
of those who like to flaunt money.

anyobody that buys "hifi" brands is getting fleeced. they absolutely
offer no benefit.