SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> ...I did not "expect" this change before going in.....

I've always been puzzled by statements like the one above which clearly
imply that, on those rare occasions when a subjectivist admits that
their perception might have been influenced by their own mind rather
than only outside technical factors, that said influence is limited only
to those situations where they have a clear expectation of change.

Sure, expectation bias is an example of the power of our mind, but it is
only one example. Psychological studies are full of examples where
unexpected, hidden or subconscious factors played a significant role in
affecting human perception.

There was a book released a few years ago called "A Mind of Its Own -
How Your Brain Distorts and Deceives" by Dr. Cordelia Fine. The book has
nothing to do with audio, but is an excellent read for those interested
in learning more about human perception. Unlike the apparent assumption
of some audiophiles, we do not cease behaving like humans when we listen
to a stereo.