mlsstl wrote:
> Not sure what to make of your comment.
>
> However, when it comes to my preferences, I hear what I hear and like
> what I like. I don't spend time trying to pretend that my perception
> yields some universal truth that deems others inferior if they don't
> hear the same thing. And I don't ascribe all change in my perception to
> a brand of cable or special piece of kit with the latest version of
> audio quantum mechanics theory.
>
> I happily admit that I am the biggest variable in my system.
>
> There are times I've been listening and have been interrupted by a phone
> call. Coming back, I notice that the same album now sounds different -
> sometimes better, sometimes worse. In reading audio forums for a number
> of years, it seems a good subjectivist would feel compelled to find an
> outside technical factor in explanation of the change. A contaminated
> electrical supply to the house would seem a favorite in this
> circumstance.
>
> Me? I simply assume some aspect of my mental or physical state has
> changed a smidgen. If that makes one a jerk, then I plead guilty. ;-)
This all sounds rational, honest and even friendly!
What i mean is that someone honestly can claim to be thinking in the
'middle-of-the-road' and excuses all delusional findings with it and
claims to be rational at the same time. This makes me wonder. Seems this
is the point were you become a jerk.
Hope you understand what i mean.