P Nelson wrote:
> I use flac instead of high bit rate lossy because it is adaptable to
> future formats without any loss in quality or having to re-rip.
> Storage is cheap these days so there is not really a reason to store
> your music in a lossy format.
>
> Paul

I agree. But I remain flabbergasted at the discovery that I cannot
(apparently) hear ANY differences between mp3 and lossless! All these
years I was lead to believe that by crunching the source data down to
mp3, we lose more than 50% - 60% of the content. If that were indeed the
case, mp3 would always sound different, but in my case, I hear no
differences.