Archimago wrote:
> :-)
>
> It's going to be busy for me the next week but hopefully I'll finish off
> the "digital cable" series with some TosLink selections in a couple of
> weeks.
>
> I think the measurements are clearly pointing to an important but
> "inconvenient" (for some) yet absolutely logical conclusion when it
> comes to transporting bits...

Yes , but the die yards can just dimmis it by saying that a mess of low
price cable is no better than one low price cable .

Hence , me thinking it would be a gem to have something cherished and
well praised in the so called " audio press" .

In fact I would not be surprised if one could find something that was
actually worse , I've seen some unorthodox approaches over the years
deviating from impedance specs etc .
And sometimes it seems that the "manufacturer" ( in reality brand , it's
often made in china or surplus , normal cable in nice jacket , maybe
it's not originally audio cable which makes it unusual ) simply re uses
his purchase of cable to more areas now sudenly the much coveted analog
cable makes an excellent digital,due to the hand beaten silver made by
monks in himalaya :)

Or alloys ? Silly but true .

I actually owned defect cables , Van Den Hull the Second which is made
from carbon fibre which is a conductor but worse than copper , but it
was supposed to sound much better than metal , it probaly acted exactly
the same as a copper cable with 50ohm in series .
And also alpha core , who makes flat solid single core speaker cable
with very low inductance , but they made signal cables with same
geometry which is plain silly ? different application altogether ( of
course no screen on the signal cables ).
I actually wonder if not their raw product has some other application
where the same stuff can be bought at 1/100 of the price.