garym wrote:
> I don't disagree.  But even ignoring the intentional spread of FUD and
> misinformation (for money), I'd even settle for more reliance on facts,
> evidence, and rigor by folks that don't have money on the table.  The
> "false equivalence" of two sides to a question that the media seems to
> use (even if there are actual facts that make one side "truth" and the
> other side "false") drives me crazy sometimes.

The one thing that almost all Americans can agree on, regardless of
their political leanings, is that the media in the US is completely
worthless, whether it's print, television, radio or online. Why? Because
there is now money involved, as in all the major networks require their
news departments to be profitable.