Mushroom_3 wrote:
> Maybe he writes for Hi-Fi News and Record Review (the self proclaimed
> oldest hi-fi magazine in the world).
>
> This month's issue has a group test of USB cables. Needless to say the
> most expensive cable, Crystal Absolute Dream (a snip at £6480/m) came
> out top.
>
> Some extracts from the review:
> Inserted into the test rig,our 1m length of Absolute Dream showed the
> lowest deterministic jitter and the fastest data edge risetime of
> 11.0nsec. - whatever that means.
> You could almost reach out and touch the atmosphere.
>
> At the back are 2 opinion pieces basically backing up the review
> criteria.
>
> Stuff like that more than justifies justifies my decision years ago to
> stop buying those magazines.

As I've stated several times on this forum I only subscribe to
Stereophile and The Absolute Sound for a few reasons:

1) The subscriptions are cheap at about $1 per issue

2) The laughs I get from reading all the nonsense published by these so
called "experts" are priceless. For example any one with a decent
understanding of digital audio knows that USB cables cannot add to or
subtract from jitter, which basically proves that the clowns who write
for the high end audio magazines are not the "experts" they claim to be.