JerryS wrote:
> Well, good place to leave it I think? I can't think of an easy way of
> demonstrating whether the two methods do or do not give identical
> results and I am not convinced that you have demonstrated that they
> theoreticaly should give the same results.  Doesn't matter that much
> anyway, given my cloth ears .... 8-)
Sure, we can leave it there as far as I'm concerned. I would not claim
that they give identical results, because the testing methods are
different. Maybe there are times when the triangle method is more
appropriate than ABX. But I think for the cases in which the basic
premise is that there is something different (different codecs,
different cables, what have you), then ABX is perfectly appropriate.

And, ABX is easier to implement for comparisons of different codecs on
the same hardware, especially with the ABX component in foobar2000.