After a couple months of aggravation, I've finally convinced my
insurance company and their designated electronics repair folks that my
Transporter is not repairable.  It got zapped in an electrical storm.
The unrepairable part is in the pre-amp section: it buzzes if connected
from the analog outputs to an integrated amp (which, somehow, took them
two months and three visits to my home for them to agree with me).

Anyway, the insurance company have already given me $1300 (ignoring the
deductible) "replacement cost" and will give me up to another $700 if I
spend up to $2000 to "replace" it (as you can still get an unopened unit
via Amazon for this price).  The good news is that the digital part of
the Transporter seems AOK... it streams fine, and if you run it through
another DAC, no buzz at all. The repair company is going to return the
unit (once again).

So, I think I could buy an external DAC for up to $2000 and, basically,
get a $700 "discount" on it.  If I don't spend more than $1300, I leave
that $700 "on the table".

What would you do?