ralphpnj wrote:
> There's a big difference between letting "people live out their
> idiosyncrasies" and a reviewer stating an outright lie (saying that two
> properly functioning USB cables sound different is a lie). I don't care
> that people are willing to spend lots of money trying to improve the
> sound of their audio system but I do care when that desire or
> idiosyncrasy is exploited for profit.

But, but, the great Steve Hoffman says cables do make a difference:

-Of course they make a difference. It's up to YOU to carefully (and I do
mean CAREFULLY) determine if the difference is good for your system or
not. Don't be fooled or swayed by a sudden top end burst of "detail".
Make sure the midrange doesn't suffer and the bass doesn't get too
leaned out or whatever.

First set of expensive cables I ever borrowed I was so excited to try
them but they made my system sound like instant dead dog shi*.-

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-whole-cables-make-a-difference-thing.327680/