Kellen wrote:
> Was also wondering just how accurate the EMU is because on some of these
> graphs it is showing levels way low like -130dB. If not accurate to
> these low levels does it make wrong the results? Merci.

This has been accurate in my testing. The noise floor varies depending
on the frequency and usually, what I have seen is that the EMU's ADC
noise floor is excellent from 100Hz to 10kHz ~-130dB with some noise
susceptibility lower down and above. Less susceptible to noise as
expected with the use of balanced cables and equipment.

For example, no problem at all measuring the LSB of a 16-bit signal as
demonstrated here:
http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2013/07/measurements-dac-waveform-peeping-903db.html

Easily measure below -96dB... I estimate that within the 20Hz-20kHz
range, the EMU's limit is around -110dB with reasonable confidence. This
is the level the Transporter and TEAC UD-501 measure using balanced
interconnects.

All the best with your testing Kellen!

I encourage everyone with a decent ADC to give testing a try :-). Run a
few experiments and find the answers for oneself and see if objective
results correlate with subjective impression. Share your results with us
- especially if you're hearing/seeing something surprising!

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.