Archimago wrote:
> Haven't been through the forums much... Lots to do over the summer to
> worry about audio!
>
> However, I managed to borrow one of these units from my brother-in-law
> to check out. So...  For those who may have wondered what a current "low
> end" digital streamer measures like in terms of analogue out and as
> TosLink transport, this one's for you:
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2013/08/measurements-wd-tv-live-look-at-and.html

Thanks! It's good to see that your test results are in line with one
would expect given the science behind digital audio, i.e. that just
about all digital transports sound just about the same (but that's
because you refuse to use $500 digital interconnects :) ).

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos