darrenyeats wrote:
> Agreed.
>

> Ralph, "put down the sceptre"!
> http://movie-sounds.org/fantasy-films-sound-bites/the-avengers-2012/put-down-the-sceptre
>
> Chill dude, he-he. Check out the results especially for 24/96 here
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2013/02/measurements-logitech-touch-as-transport.html
>
> If you use digital volume control, the signal could easily move 30db
> toward the small differences shown in the test, making them less small
> in practice. And practice is the only thing worth talking about.
>
> Now, I get it that the coax cable was unshielded and not properly
> terminated. But it does demonstrate there exists a physical mechanism
> for digital cables to pass data correctly yet generate different
> measurements in an audio system in which they are used. Hence
> "absolutely NO EFFECT" is technically incorrect, as stated without
> qualification.
>
> A year ago, suggesting such a thing would have made me a laughing-stock
> and "anti-science" person.
>
> Today, I have a defense - a test Archimago has conducted.
>
> Has physics changed in a year? No just the evidence collected.
>
> That's the thing with science as evidence-based reasoning, the body of
> evidence expands, whereas "science" as in "being told facts" is more
> certain, simpler and more comforting.

I stated "A properly functioning digital audio cable" and you stated
"the coax cable was unshielded and not properly terminated" and thus not
properly functioning, so therefore I stand by my "absolutely NO EFFECT"
statement. As you say, "practice is the only thing worth talking about"
and I would hope that the clowns, oops, sceptreless Ralph means, the
fine writers and editors at the high end audio magazines at least
practice proper system setup and have properly functioning digital audio
cables regardless of their price.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos