Archimago wrote:
> Hey guys. Had a listen and got a chance to photograph the Nautilus last
> weekend... Good pair of speakers but the design is clearly showing its
> age.
>
> Don't know about you folks, but I'd never get my wife to accept such a
> contraption in the home :-).
>
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2014/02/musings-saturday-am-b-nautilus-listening.html
>
> Check it out if you have a chance! Would love to hear of other
> impressions on this iconic speaker.
Thanks for your impressions. The Nautilus is a legend, and deservedly
so. Being a 20 year old design is no barrier to good performance.
Remember that some people think that the best speaker in history *ever*
is the original Quad ESL - which came out in 1957.

Regarding your comment about those thin speaker cables - 16AWG is
perfectly adequate for audio signals. Audiophile fashions come and go.
While today's dogma is for massive think cables, I can recall back in
the 1980s when there was a faction who reckoned that speakers should be
connected with very thin single-core cables. (And I'm sure we all
remember that crazy period when Litz wire was de rigueur for hooking up
speakers).

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A