cliveb wrote:
> IME extreme dynamic compression does indeed render some music
> unlistenable on good quality systems. It seems to me that revealing
> systems do exactly that: they *reveal* how bad the mastering is.
>
> Examples: Some years ago I noticed that Coldplay's X&Y sounded pretty
> ropey on our main system, but acceptable on an iPod. And recently my
> wife bought Night Visions by Imagine Dragons - it sounds absolutely
> *horrendous* on a decent system, but when I put it on my laptop to
> investigate why, I noticed that it sounded much less objectionable via
> cheap headphones through the laptop's on-board sound.

Yes you can't really fix those things if you try you get other
colorations instead and no chance of proper rendering if the recording
allows it .

cool speaker seems to function over form despite thier futuristic
appearance those straight transmission lines seems close to ideal for
the breed :)

And aluminium drivers migth not be a big problem in a narrow bandwith
active xover design, use the drivers in the range where they perform
well .

Speaker cables would be even less of a problem in an active design and
they could be compensated for in the filter and probably is.

I really would like to hear those speaker one day ! Nice article

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)