Archimago wrote:
> Yes, looks like the Receiver is your weak link... Some good discussion
> and suggestions already.
>
> However I am curious about the drop outs you speak of. What computer are
> you using to run LMS on? Is it too slow to do the real-time conversion
> of hi-res files thus causing the drop outs? Are you running wireless /
> wired?

Great questions:
-  I'm running LMS on my QNAP NAS.  That was my first change.  Since I
did that, everything seems to move faster -- the GUI on the Duet
controller and Touch.  Plus the songs load faster so I love this change.
It's got a 1.6Ghz CPU with 512DDRIII so I believe that is powerful
enough, yes?
-  When I take out the Receiver and just do the touch wireless, I get no
dropouts on 92/24.  However, in that same scenario, when I moved to the
192/24 files, I did get dropouts.  So I just purchased a powerline
solution from netgear and now no dropouts to the touch on 192/24.  And
with the powerline attached to the receiver and wireless to touch (again
running 96/24), I'm still getting dropouts but far less than originally
when it was all wireless.  So frustrating.

So an interesting observation:  when I had the powerline to the touch, I
would consistently get a wired connection each way of about 50Mbps.
However, with the powerline to the receiver in the exact same spot, I'm
getting 18/19 from the router to the receiver and about 38Mpbs from the
receiver to the router.

Regardless, I'm getting a touch.  F the receiver.