darrenyeats wrote:
> Yes Ralph, it's fair to describe these as my perceptions and experience
> and not as a statement of fact to be taken as gospel. Also, when it
> comes to power-related stuff, I know there are many different opinions,
> experiences - and even technical views. The good thing is, filters and
> lampless/switchless extensions are pretty cheap, much cheaper than one
> fancy power supply or audiophile interconnect! So trying stuff out for
> yourself shouldn't be too wasteful ... just first be aware of your ring
> layout so that whatever you do makes sense.
>
> It's probably quite equipment-dependent too.

Just to clarify: by "ring layout" you mean circuit. ie. the outlets and
switches that are grouped together on one circuit which runs back to the
fuse or circuit breaker back at the main electrical panel.

And what the heck is does "lampless" mean?

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos