jimmypowder wrote:
> So since your using the Marantz as a dac , does the dac sound better
> then the Transporter's .

Hey Jimmy

I know it's a small sample size (one user) but nonetheless this proves
my point - namely that DLNA is a dog. In fact even you (as quoted above)
recognize that Audiotic is using the Marantz as a DAC with the SB Touch
doing the actual streaming. But you don't have to spend lots of money to
see how truly useless DLNA is, just buy an inexpensive media player or
network enabled DVD/Blu-ray player and try to get it to work. I suggest
that you also buy a very large bottle of Excedrin to help with monster
headache trying to get DLNA to work will bring on. Good luck!

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos