ralphpnj wrote:
> Hey Jimmy
>
> I know it's a small sample size (one user) but nonetheless this proves
> my point - namely that DLNA is a dog. In fact even you (as quoted above)
> recognize that Audiotic is using the Marantz as a DAC with the SB Touch
> doing the actual streaming. But you don't have to spend lots of money to
> see how truly useless DLNA is, just buy an inexpensive media player or
> network enabled DVD/Blu-ray player and try to get it to work. I suggest
> that you also buy a very large bottle of Excedrin to help with monster
> headache trying to get DLNA to work will bring on. Good luck!

:-)

For exactly that reason I use LMS and an SBT: useability. And the
quality of the sound is (solely?) determined by the DAC. The Marantz
takes the bits from the SBT, buffers them, reclocks them, and does its
other magic.
Listening to my music is a combination of ease and quality. This combo
provides that. Now if the SBT could handle DSD, it would be perfect :-)

One big positive was the use of EDO on the SBT (thanks so much to the
developer(s)!) unleashing the full potential.

I'm a happy guy :-)

MacMini CoreDuo, 600 GB of mostly ALAC lossless music (iTunes ripped) ->
Black Transporter (analog & digital out), and Marantz DV8400 vM mod for
SACD + DVD-A, via Siltech Paris to Harman Kardon AVR 8500 & HK PA2200
Signature -> 6 x Mission 780SE & 78C & 2 x REL Strata III