pablolie wrote:
> Oh I do remember some scary bugs. I got my first SB in either late 2004
> or early 2005. Some releases brought basic functionality down and where
> scary.
>
> And when I got *one* Duet, OMG, now there was one buggy product. It
> actually never entirely stopped acting up in my environment, but at
> least it became usable over time.

At their most buggy both Squeezebox Server & Logitech Media Server (and
they both were pretty damn buggy at times) are both still about 20
orders of magnitude better than any server software/hardware system
which relies on the completely worthless DLNA (Digital Living Network
Alliance®) protocol - so god-awful that they even felt the need to
copyright it.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos