bzlrbi wrote:
> These are typically recordings separately mastered.  Whether they
> "prove" anything to you is not my concern.

Yes, they prove that you can hear differences between differently
mastered versions of the same record. They do not prove anything about
your ability to hear differences in word length or sample rate, so using
it to support your argument is a bit futile. Oh, and just to be a
pedant,  16 vs. 24bit has nothing to do with sample rates.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953