get.amped wrote:
> What's different about Apple?

Nothing as far as the hardware and software is concerned. The Apple fan
boys, which at this point includes about 100% of the media, are another
story altogether. And let's not forget the advertising for Apple
products which would have one believe that an iPhone and/or an iPad can
do basically anything. Case in point, based on the latest Apple ads it
would seem that just having an iPhone in one's pocket will ensure
perfect health and fitness without the need to eat properly or exercise.
I've also noticed that some of the other computer/tablet/phone
manufacturers are copying this "pie in the sky" type of advertising.

Sad thing is I still haven't the app that enables my iPad to mow the
lawn.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos