jimbobvfr400 wrote:
> It can be done with a plugin on LMS but obviously that means the
> analogue device would need to be near the server.  From memory its
> called Waveinput and is available on Windows and Linux I think

Correct. WavInput can take any audio signal into the computer/Nas
running LMS and convert that to digital signal that is played via any
squeezebox (hardware or software).  (note that this has nothing to do
with the Transporter in particular...as you note it is an LMS plugin).

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* several Touch, Radio, SB3
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify