I am transfering to audiophiles forums for extra comments if OK.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?102593-Is-this-a-good-way-to-compare-interconnect-cables

I was handed a pair of interconnect cables to try out instead of my old
ones. These are much more expensive cables than mine.

I did some compares of them by switching .... back and forth ..... but
don't think I can hear any difference.

I then thought about a different way to do it all.

I take 1 of each different cable and connect one to left channel of
preamp and the other to right channel. I then switch my preamp to mono
and play a music file and use my balance controller to listen .... to
left and then right and then left and then right and onwards. This
allows me to listen to each channel that is working with a different
interconnect so that I can do a compare.

I think I hear a difference. I'm just not sure if this test is truthful
or not. On opinion of all ..... is this a good practice for acurate
testing.

Many thanks in my advance for your advise.