Apesbrain wrote:
> Dogberry2, I don't think this is a case of "using his name". I love him
> but Neil has completely drunk the kool-aid on this one.
Oh, I agree, Neil Young is a *true believer*. Ignorant to nine decimal
places, but a hard-core believer nevertheless.

I read his recent book. It's filled with lots of garbage and idiocy,
demonstrating that Neil Young doesn't understand:

1) the difference between audio compression and data compression
2) the difference between a low-grade MP3 and a CD audio file
3) the inherent limitations of vinyl recordings
4) the concepts of noise floor or signal-to-noise ratio in audio
recording
5) the concept of a Fourier transform or the basics of the A-D and D-A
process
6) how a digital audio sampling rate is different from an analog audio
frequency

Basically, he's been fed a lot of superstitious audiophool bilgewater
and swallowed it whole. I'm sure if somebody told him that speakers
sound better when they're made with recycled love beads because they
have "absorbed cool vibes and the sound will be sweeter when those vibes
are set free", he'd believe it. He's a good musician, but a total hippie
crackpot.