With my own little ears :-)
Did a lot of A/B obviously not labtests. Volume was the same. Again,
only a household test, but since this is where it is going to be
playing, it was fine for me.
To me it sounds different and better than the Touch, have I got
scientific proof - no, but my ears like it a lot more.
I used to have the receiver and the Touch definitely was an acoustic
upgrade, the Bifrost is yet another upgrade.
The music coming through the Bifrost is even less harsh especially in
higher frequencies, than with the Touch. I listen to a lot of classical
music, this is where the difference is most obvious, I do not know if I
could hear the difference with pop music.
But especially with violins and operatic voices the difference ( to my
ears) is well worth the cash.
Btw I really do not think that Dacs belong to the voodoo section,
different Dacs with different analog sections, sound different.
Sometimes the difference is suttle, sometimes more than that.

LMS 7.9.0 on Wandboard (SoA)
Synology DS-410j NAS
Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio, HifiBerry
PicorePlayer
Schiit - BIFROST Dac
Spotify Premium
iPhone: iPeng - iPad: Squeezepad, iPengHD