jkeny wrote:
> Can someone tell me how Sean Adam's statement about the graphs "if we
> look closer at *some of the characteristics that we think will determine
> subjective sound quality*, there are some pretty substantial differences
> between transporter and any other DACs I've tested."
> can gel with what most here consider inaudible "way down
> below -120dBu, relative to an input at +8.4dBu,"

Right,  the top horizontal line on both of those graphs (-100 dB) are
still way below any known relevant threshold of audibility.

No extant reliable listening test of any kind,  that compares them, even
vaguely suggest an audible difference.

> Are these graphed differences of relevance to audibility?

Of course not.  Good point.

Just more overkill performance. Explains why doing listening tests
comparing good DACs is like watching paint dry.