arnyk wrote:
> I know enough people who have done reviews for audio magazines to have
> some idea of how this works, which means that it varies by the
> manufacturer and individual reviwer.
>
> (1) Some manufacturers never ask for return of the gear, some do.
>
> (2) Some offer "Accommodation pricing" sometimes for people in the trade
> in general, sometimes for certain people.
>
> I am privy to some details of the disposal of the estate of a person who
> was a published reviewer for over a decade. His basement was pretty
> full, if you catch my drift.
>
> It is as simple at that!

I realize that there is nothing above that is illegal in any way but it
does at least hint that the resulting equipment reviews may be somewhat
less than honest.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos