arnyk wrote:
> The grounds for comparing system optimization software do not appear to
> be specified in detail.

You have already answered some of my vague questions. But to be more
specific, they were regarding properties like for instance ease of
setting up, getting a simple result, getting a really good result for
one or perhaps even several points in the room, getting detailed
information about the measurements and corrections, ease of changing the
response manually, ... Also the technology behind the scenes, the kind
of filters used, price, availability (DRC software often seem to be
developed by very small companies and therefore releasing new versions,
when needed, might not happen often enough or at all), ... I know you
like writing long posts, but this might be a little much even for you.
;-)

arnyk wrote:
> What might the second box be? A system always has to have speakers, and
> these stand alone and are uninvolved with the system optimization
> process, other than that they work pretty well.

My point is that two boxes with DSP could be replaced by one box with
DSP, both for simplicity and cost. My ideal system would be something
like "Meridian DSPxxxx with integrated automatic DRC" (but less ugly,
much less). By that I mean speakers with digital in, a DSP/DAC/amp per
speaker element AND a DSP for room correction. To simplify the process
there should ALSO be integrated automated room measurement. One box in
total. It could then be fed from any digital source component. (Well, I
can dream, can't I...?)

Best Regards,
Gandhi

not often enough well recorded and mastered cds *|* dbpoweramp with
accuraterip *|* flac *|* fanless asrock z77e-itx intel i5-3570t *|*
ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 32-bit *|* lms 7.8.0 *|* brutefirdrc 3.0 (rewv5) *|*
transporter (balanced out) *|* thule ia252b *|* audio physic scorpio *|*
no fancy cables. *+* also some booms. *+* harmony 525s for them all,
including waking the server from s3.