arnyk wrote:
> Just because name or names aren't mentioned doesn't keep a libelous post
> from being a personal attack.
Arny, in a formal sense it was indeed a personal attack - not on your
knowledge, but on your attitude. A personal attack is reprehensible when
used as an attempt to deflect from the point of debate. But in the
context of this thread ("is anyone sick of the recent spate of
threads?"), the point of the debate is to discuss whether (and if so,
why) this forum has recently descended into the gutter.

To that end, I was observing that when things get out of hand on audio
forums, you are often involved. I genuinely appreciate your technical
knowledge and you are invariably right. But you're like a pit-bull who
just won't let go. And by keeping the argument going with people who
cannot be reasoned with, you and your opponents degrade the S/N ratio of
a forum.

Your long-term credentials are impressive. But that doesn't alter the
fact that you are the new kid on this particular forum, and in just 60
or so days since joining you've posted over 220 times, usually to argue
with someone. It doesn't matter that you're right - what matters is that
since you joined this forum, the value of its content has significantly
deteriorated.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A